Selected Professional Experience
Self-Employed (2013 – Current)
NatureInvincible.com is an online store specializing in natural aquarium stewardship and organic/whole foods for freshwater fish.
- Sourced rare botanicals and established wholesale relationships with international vendors.
- Implemented direct to blog campaigns and developed website/social media presence.
- Designed packaging, labeling and promotional materials.
- Quadrupled both product sales and offerings within the first six months.
Self-Employed (2012 – Current)
In 2012 I developed a freelance practice to serve the growing number of micro-businesses in the community who needed professionally trained administrative and marketing assistance.
- Brand management – social media support & graphic design.
- Development – market research / event planning.
- Light accounting – bookkeeping / payroll.
- Clerical – typing / transcription, filing, data-base management.
Sakya Monastery of Tibetan Buddhism | Seattle, WA
Executive Administrative Assistant (2011-2012)
- Corresponded with Tibetan dignitaries, monastics, members of the monastery community, volunteers and the general public in person and via Facebook/Twitter.
- Standardized and updated Microsoft Access membership database.
Pratt Fine Art Center | Seattle, WA
Administrative Assistant – Front Desk (2009-2011)
- Acted as ambassador to new & returning students, studio renters and instructors.
- Processed payments and studio bookings.
- Maintained class lists, attendance sheets, and emergency contact information.
North Seattle Community College | Seattle, WA
E-Learning Support Center – Office Assistant (2008-2010)
- Provided 2,143 students & 30 faculty members with technical support in person, over the phone and by email.
- Analyzed enrollment data for over 150 courses and created reports using Microsoft Excel.
- Observed strict conﬁdentiality while working with student data according to Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Henry Art Gallery | Seattle, WA
Collections Department Assistant (2007-2008)
- Digitally photographed art objects from the collection for the Digital Image Gallery (DIG) Project.
- Worked both individually and as a team member to ensure accuracy in DIG Project.
- Cataloged and stored art objects dating from 15th – 21st C.
Used Book Exchange (UBX) | Columbus, OH
Assistant Manger (2005-2007)
- Established training program for 25 seasonal employees.
- Performed order entry and maintained first in, first out rotating inventory of textbooks.
Salesian’s Boys & Girls Club | Columbus, OH
Lead Art Instructor (2001-2005)
- Developed Saturday Morning Art Program for underprivileged youth.
- Instructed art class full time during summer months, created activities and program budget.
- Supervised and mentored 3 teenage volunteers.
Artist Trust | Seattle, WA
Programs Department Intern (2008-2009)
- Served as onsite coordinator for a week long EDGE residency program for 18 artists, 8 instructors and 4 guest speakers.
- Collated and prepared over 800 grant applications for grant juror panel.
- Updated and maintained artist/donor/partner database in Raiser’s Edge.
- Created demographic reports using File Maker database.
- Prepared bulk mailings to over 2,000 members on a quarterly basis.
- Wrote copy for, proofread and edited educational materials for EDGE program.
- Proficient in Adobe CS5: Illustrator and Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Mac OSX
- Windows 7
Content Management Systems & Social Media Platforms
- Word Press, Drupal and Joomla
- Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr, Google+
B.F.A. in Fine Arts, 2005
Columbus College of Art & Design (Columbus, OH)